Benadryl 50 mg
Benadryl® (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is an antihistamine medication that comes in many different forms and strengths. Depending on the particular product, it may be taken by mouth, applied to the skin, or injected into a vein or muscle.
Certain Benadryl products are available by prescription only, including:
- Benadryl 50 mg and 25 mg capsules (available only in generic form)
- Benadryl injection (prescription-only)
- Benadryl elixir (12.5 mg per teaspoonful [available only in generic form]).
Products that are available over the counter and approved for adults include:
- Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liqui-Gels® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Ultratab® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Quick Dissolve Strips (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Kapseals® capsules (25 mg).
At this time, Benadryl 50 mg is the highest strength available for this medication.
(Click Benadryl for more information on what Benadryl is used for, how it works, what side effects may occur, and what other forms and strengths are currently available.)