Important Instructions for Beconase
General considerations for when and how to take Beconase AQ include the following:
- The medication comes in nasal spray form. It is usually taken twice a day.
- Be sure to shake your bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each dose. Breathe in gently while spraying Beconase AQ into your nose. Do not try to inhale the spray or breathe in too deeply, as the medicine works when it comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose, not the throat or lungs.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Beconase AQ toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Beconase AQ will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Beconase AQ that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Beconase Dosage for more information.)