Since there have been very few cases of people taking too much Beconase, it is not known what to expect from a Beconase overdose. It appears that a short-term overdose of the medication is not likely to be dangerous. However, complications may occur with a long-term overdose of Beconase. Overdose treatment (if necessary) will most likely involve supportive care.
Beconase® AQ (beclomethasone nasal spray) is a medication approved to treat non-allergic and allergic nasal symptoms and to prevent nasal polyps from returning after surgical removal. It is part of a class of medications known as corticosteroids. As with all medicines, it is possible to take too much Beconase AQ. The specific effects of a Beconase AQ overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Beconase AQ dosage and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or street drugs.
It is not known exactly what to expect from a Beconase AQ overdose. It appears that a short-term overdose is not likely to be dangerous. Even taking the entire bottle of the nasal spray all at once probably will not cause serious problems. However, taking too much Beconase AQ over a long period of time may cause problems.
Given that there have been so few cases of people taking too much Beconase AQ, it is also not known how to best treat a Beconase AQ overdose. Many people who take too much will not require any treatment. If a long-term overdose has occurred, however, treatment may be necessary. This treatment may include supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Beconase AQ.