The recommended Beconase dosage for adults and children over age 12 is one or two sprays in each nostril twice daily. For younger children (6 to 11 years old), the usual starting dose is one spray in each nostril twice daily. If needed, your child's healthcare provider can increase the Beconase dose up to two sprays twice daily to control your child's nasal symptoms.
The dose of Beconase® AQ (beclomethasone nasal spray) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Beconase Dosage for Adults and Older ChildrenThe recommended dose of Beconase AQ for adults and children age 12 and older is one or two sprays in each nostril twice a day.
Beconase Dosage for Younger ChildrenThe recommended dose of Beconase AQ for children 6 to 11 years old is one spray in each nostril twice daily. If needed, your child's healthcare provider may increase the dose up to two sprays in each nostril twice daily to control your child's symptoms. However, after the symptoms are controlled, the dose should be reduced to one spray in each nostril twice daily.
Considerations for people taking Beconase AQ include the following:
- The medication comes in nasal spray form. It is usually taken twice a day.
- Be sure to shake your bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each dose. Breathe in gently while spraying Beconase AQ into your nose. Do not try to inhale the spray or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose, not the throat or lungs.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Beconase AQ toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Beconase AQ will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Beconase AQ dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider.