General Information on Dosing With Astepro
Some considerations for people taking Astepro include the following:
- Astepro comes in nasal spray form. It is usually taken twice a day.
- The first time you use each bottle of Astepro, you will need to prime the pump by spraying six times until a fine mist appears. If you have not used the bottle within the last three days, you may have to reprime the pump by spraying it twice.
- Blow your nose before each Astepro dosage. Breathe in gently while spraying the medicine into your nose. Do not try to inhale the spray or breathe in too deeply, as Astepro works when it comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose (not the throat or lungs).
- Do not tip your head back immediately after taking Astepro, as this increases the chance of experiencing a bitter taste.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Astepro will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Astepro dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.