Alrex Overdose

At this time, it is not known what to expect from an overdose of Alrex. Since the medication is an eye drop (and very little of it actually reaches the bloodstream when used that way), overdose symptoms are more likely to occur if it is taken by mouth. Treatment, if necessary, will likely involve supportive care.

Is It Possible to Use Too Much Alrex?

Alrex® (loteprednol etabonate) is a prescription eye drop approved to treat eye allergies (known medically as allergic conjunctivitis). It belongs to a class of allergy medications known as corticosteroids. It is not known if it is possible to overdose on Alrex.
 
Similarly, it is not known what exactly to expect from an Alrex overdose. Overdose symptoms are probably more likely to occur if the medication is accidentally taken by mouth (which might occur with children or pets) rather than used as an eye drop, since very little of the medication reaches the bloodstream when used as an eye drop.
 

Treatment for an Alrex Overdose

Given that there have been no reported cases of overdose, it is not known how to best treat an Alrex overdose. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) will include supportive care, which consists of treating any of the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
 
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Alrex.
 
A Dose of Reassurance for Parents of Picky Eaters

Alrex Eye Drops

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.