The recommended dosage of Alrex for the treatment of various eye allergy symptoms is one drop in each affected eye four times a day. This dosage is standard for all adults, regardless of the severity of symptoms. In order for the medication to work properly, you must follow the dosing guidelines carefully.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Alrex® (loteprednol etabonate), regardless of the severity of your allergy symptoms. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dosage for treating eye allergy symptoms in adults is one drop in each affected eye four times a day.
Considerations for people taking Alrex include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used in the affected eye(s) four times a day.
- Because this medication is a suspension, you must shake it vigorously before each use.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing the preservative in the medication, be sure to wait at least 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Alrex, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.