Dosing With Actifed: An Introduction
There is only one standard recommended dose of Actifed®
Cold & Allergy (chlorpheniramine maleate
hydrochloride). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Children under the age of 12 should not take Actifed.
General Information on Your Actifed Dosage
Some considerations for people taking Actifed include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually every four hours.
- You can take a dose of Actifed with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- This medication could make you either drowsy or more awake. If you find that it makes you drowsy, it may be best to take it at night. If you find that it keeps you awake, you may want to take it during the day.
- For Actifed to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Actifed dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.